Oct 30th 2009 By Tommy Christopher
It was 40 years ago this week
that researchers sent the letters "L" and "O" over the Internet from UCLA to the Stanford Research Institute, which then crashed because it thought UCLA was trying to call it a "loser."
The Internet, unlike other scientific endeavors
, has come a long way in 40 years. Since we can't go to Spencer's and buy the Internet some "Old Fart Pills
," we thought we would, instead, list the Top 10 Signs the Internet has Turned 40:
10. Hangs around at clubs using cheesy, outdated pickup lines like, "All your base are belong to me
9. Starts referring to YouTube videos as "talkies."
8. Still uses MySpace
, and thinks of Heather_69 as a "friend."
7. Stays in the left lane of the information superhighway with its blinker on.
6. Google mysteriously changes its name to "Google, She Wrote."
5. Star Wars Kid
now on his second divorce after nailing his secretary.
4. Starts believing that Al Gore invented it.
3. Inexplicably purchases a Chrysler Sebring convertible.
2. Swears it goes to Pornhub.com for the articles.
1. Has to call its kids for tips on how to use itself.