Nov 11th 2012 8:43PM I've bought 6 homes over the last 35 years, moving because of either job or family. From my experience I say these things:
1) NEVER use an inspector recommended by the realtor or homeowner. Break out the yellow pages or go to your city/county inspection office and ask for recommendations. Interview at least 5 inspectors. Thoroughly check out the one you'd like to use.
2) If the house is vacant, as to spend a weekend in it. Sleep 1 night in the bedroom you'll use, another night in the living room, and another in any other room (den, another bedroom, study, or even the kitchen). Yes, sounds crazy, but I've walked away from 8 houses because of those weekends, only to learn later that the eventual owners had serious issues with the houses.
3) Walk away from any house when the realtor, homeowner, or lender says there's no warranty, take 'as is,' ask that you forego an inspection, or even interfers with an inspection. Those are HUGE red flags that mean they're hiding something.
4) Do your own background checks on the house with the county appraisal and property tax departments. They can tell you almost immediately if there are or have been any issues with the house. Ask if the deed is free & clear and if there has been any leins, verify that they have been settled. Get copies of records and receipts for your own protection.
5) If anything, remember that the house inspector works for YOU! He answers to you and only you. He does not allow anyone except YOU to question his work. Never leave the inspector's side when he's doing his work. Ask questions and ask again if you don't understand. A good inspector will educate you as you go through the house, and a good inspector will ask the homeowner to remain in the kitchen or living room while he works.
6) Not all inspectors are experts at all things home. Ask if he's licensed and certified in plumbing, foundation, electrical, roofing, furnace, and chimney (if there is one). Most will bring a second or even third inspector (at no additional charge) with him because they specialize in something he doesn't. During my last inspection, he brought electrical & furnace/chimney guys because he told me up front those were not his areas of expertise.
These 6 things will help you know you've made the right decision to either buy or walk away. NEVER feel obligated to buy and NEVER allow anyone to pressure you, especially the realtor.
Jul 11th 2012 8:10PM Had this jerk entered MY home unwelcomed and unannounced, he would have been shot dead. Not only would I sue the department, I'd demand that they perfectly mow my yard on a bi-weekly basis for the rest of my ownership!
Jul 7th 2012 10:47PM This man is not a christian. He is a liar. He lied on his permit requests (they specifically say converting garage into game room) and he lied about the number of people that gather in his home every week for these lying sessions.
He will burn in hell for what he's done, and so will that ugly wife of his for not making him do the right thing.
Sep 23rd 2011 12:50PM Elarue.. I, too, have met the couple, except that I was doing on-set catering. Mr. Banderas is very approachable, kind, funny, and warm. Not pretentious at all. He enjoys talking to everyone he comes into contact with.
Ms. Griffith, on the other hand, was always whiney, demanding, arrogant, and just..ugh..unpleasant. When she wouldn't get her way, her voice became even higher pitched and she'd stomp her foot until she got her way. Mr. Banderas was often embarassed by her behavior and frequently apologized for her. We on the catering crew bent over backwards to make sure he got special food items (such as seafood paella and lasagna).
Why he stays with her is beyond MY comprehension. I really do pity the guy.
Jul 23rd 2011 3:47PM Dear Marty:
Assholes like you need to be retired. The only reason you worked for an airline is because you couldn't find a real job. It's people like you with the crappy and "better than god" attitude that makes customers like me look elsewhere for service. I have more respect for Walmart greeters than for you.
You seriously should be thanking me instead of bitching. I paid your salary, for your vacations, and for your retirement. I also helped put your inbred shallow gene pool of offspring through college.
Have a boring and short retirement, dirtbag!
Jun 21st 2011 5:52PM ANYONE who actually thinks what these comments by posters like "Camilla" are real, are really stupid.
LEGITIMATE web sites don't post in comment section. HONEST sellers pay thier ads to be posted on sites. SMART people don't click on links put into comment sections.
IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE - IT IS!!
Jun 20th 2011 6:46PM Katie needs to get the hell away from The Troll and put on about 25#. She looks like hell.
Jun 20th 2011 6:45PM This is a level headed guy who fought for and got sole custody of his adorable daughter, and is doing what he can to protect her and keep her out of the spotlight. He is an excellent business man, does have some good taste, and does the best as he can as a single custody parent.
She, on the other hand, cannot stand being out of the spotlight for any reason. Her self-esteem is so transparent you can read a newspaper clearly through it. It's all about her and how quickly she can use people. He has money and a good business reputation. She wanted to cash in on that as well. Once a wh0re always a wh0re.
Jun 19th 2011 3:16AM So she admits to underaged drinking (where'd they get the alcohol, her mom's stash?), unprotected sex, birthing a bastard child, pastic surgery to impove her unimpressive looks, and then makes money off being a white trash like her mother.
The wormy apple doesn't fall far from the termite infested tree, does it?
Jun 8th 2011 1:18PM I hear a boycotting of Delta in the winds....
Most Popular Posts
Most Commented Articles
- No Articles Found
- Photobombers -- Ruining Your Pictures, One Click at a Time
- Hot Weather Girls -- Vote For Your Favorite